It’s my pleasure to interview fellow Wild Rose Author, Izzy Szyn about Resurrection of Artemis.
1. Tell us about your new release.
Resurrection of Artemis is about Amy Wilson who was once known as Artemis, she helped people recover the money that was owed to them, whether it was from back child support, pensions that were not paid. She was caught when she accidentally caused a major blackout.
Instead of jail time, she agreed to help the government put security measures in place to stop it from happening again, and five years probation from working in the tech industry.
Her probation is almost up when someone starts to pick up where Amy left off, but instead of helping people the Hinderer was harming innocent people. But he needed Amy’s help to do what he wanted, to hold technology hostage.
But Quail City’s super heroes Dark Master and Calypso also known as multi-billionaire Noah Adams and his assistant Vanessa London want Artemis to join them to bring Hinderer to justice.
2. What led you to write this book?
I work in a call center for a cell phone company, I got the idea one day when there was a huge outage in Texas and people were freaking out. I thought what if?
3. Did you have an interesting experience in the research of this book? I learned a lot on how a huge blackout like Amy caused could easily happen.
4. What author do you love who doesn’t get a lot of hype? Cynthia Sax. I absolutely love her.
5. Which is more important characters or setting? Characters, they are the ones with the story to tell.
6. Do you have a favorite fictional character by another author you’d like to meet? I’d love to meet Eve Dallas and Roarke from JD Robb’s In Death series.
7. What do you hope readers take away from your work?
That they had fun reading it. Reading should be fun, let people forget for awhile what problems they have.
8. What’s your current WIP? Right now, I’m working on a short that’s coming out this summer in an anthology, tentatively called Oh What a Night.
9. Do you read the same genre you write? Yes, also read contemporary, romantic suspense, paranormal.
10. What is #1 on your bucket list? Going to Australia
11. Can you share some places readers can find you and your book?
Izzy loves to keep in touch with her readers. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find her on Facebook :) https://www.facebook.com/Izzy-Szyn-379714942215154/timeline/
Google Plus link: https://plus.google.com/100905614042668276073
12. Want to know more about Resurrection of Artemis? Here’s an excerpt.
“Amy? Turn on your TV, now,” urged Ruby.
“Why? What’s going on?” Amy grabbed her remote and turned on her favorite news station.
“Are you sure you were at work?” questioned Ruby.
“Is Artemis back? That’s the question authorities are asking this evening, when money started shooting money from ATMs across Quail City,” the news reporter was saying.
“Mom, I swear I didn’t do it,” Amy defended herself.
“I believe you. But will the authorities? Or even worse, your father?” Ruby sounded worried. “This almost looks like what you used to do. You just might be seeing Dark Master and Calypso sooner than you think.”
“I wonder if that’s the intention of whoever is behind this?” asked Amy. “What if they’re trying to pin the blame on me? Divert everyone’s attentions in my direction, while having something even more sinister in mind? Maybe that’s why they showed up at the coffee shop?”
“I’ve thought about that, too,” Ruby admitted. “But why? More importantly, who?”
Amy’s stomach flipped when there was a knock on the door. Telling herself that it could be the pizza guy, but knowing in her heart that it was no doubt them. They were here, at her door. About to undo everything she’d accomplished in the shower. “Mom, someone’s at my door.”
Favorites Flash Round:
Martial arts move: Karate Chop
Weapon: A Knife
Book boyfriend: Hmm, thinking have to think Dracula. I love vampires
Animal: Dog don’t trust anyone that doesn’t like animals.
Comedy: Legally Blonde movies
Ice cream: Chocolate
Movie: Pitch Perfect
Video Game: Dr. Mario
TV show: Big Bang Theory
Drink: Pepsi (Pepsiholic here)
Shoes: flip flops
Artist: Music? Prince
Sports team: Detroit Tigers
Guilty pleasure: M&M with peanuts and popcorn.
Izzy will be awarding a $10 Amazon to one randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour. Please use the RaffleCopter below to enter.
Remember you may increase your chances of winning by visiting the other tour stops. You may find those locations here. http://reviewsbycacb.blogspot.com/p/resurrection-of-artemis-izzy-szyn-izzy.html