Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Need a Christmas Movie? Thirteen Suggestions

Merry Christmas! If you’re like me, you're planning to fill your home with company and after meals and bedding have been figured out, you're thinking about entertainment. For my family, a movie is essential.

 I like holiday movies, but I’ve seen It’s a Wonderful Life and Christmas Story, so many times I can recite the lines with the actors. Don’t get me wrong. Both are classics and truly wonderful, but I want something different this year. You might, too.


Here are thirteen other holiday-themed choices.



1. Miracle on 34th Street 
2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
3. Home Alone  
4. The Muppet Christmas Carol
5. Jingle All the Way 
6. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang 
7. Mixed Nuts 
8. Love Actually 
9. The Bishop’s Wife
10. Elf
11. The Nightmare Before Christmas 
12. A Charlie Brown Christmas
13. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians 



This is only a partial list. There’s a lot of great and not-so great movies out there. I tried to pick a mixture of genres and moods, but I’m open. What have you seen and liked? What do you suggest?

Sources
http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/ranked/ranked-the-100-best-christmas-movies-of-all-time
https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-34th-St-Edmund-Gwenn/dp/B00000K3CK
http://movieguy247.com/iMovies/index.php/blog/holiday-movies/788-santa-claus-conquers-the-martians
http://zeusexcuse.blogspot.com/2006/12/thursday-thirteen-edition-18.html (Thursday Thirteen)

12 comments:

  1. I liked Elf! We need a big one like A Christmas Carol again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only recognizing about half the list. Guess I better watch some movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice Audrey,
      I tried to pick some different holiday movies as well as ones that were well-known.

      Delete
  3. I also share about movie...but no Christmas movie there.

    Home Alone is the movie that I always see in our local tv channel every Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike. I'll check your post and I agree Home Alone is fun to watch.

      Delete
  4. Paper Angels? I don't know that one, but I'll look for it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first five, plus 8, 9, and 12 -- but number one HAS to be the original B&W version. Of those listed, I've seen Rudolph and Muppet Christmas Carol this year. Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,
      I prefer the original version of Miracle on 34th Street also.

      Delete
  6. Santa Claus conquers the Martians is such an intriguing title that I will have to look for that one! I also like The Santa Claus, with Tim Allen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Santa Conquers the Martians yet, but I really want to.

      Delete

 
ja