1. Be grateful. Think about all the blessing and beauty around you.
2. Carry a notebook. Jot down thoughts, so that when you’re seeking inspiration you can thumb through and find it.
|I believe in carrying a notebook. Here are three of my old ones.|
4. Or you could color, if you have crayons.
5. Keep the box of crayons out after you finish and see if you can come up with new names for the colors.
6. Speaking of colors, go somewhere you can see blue—i.e. gaze into the sky, or skip a stone across a lake or find a blue room you can sit in for a while. Apparently beholding the color blue triggers creativity.
7. Take a nap.
8. Play a kid’s game like Checkers, Chutes and Ladders, Sorry, or Go Fish.
9. Take a walk.
10. Do something else you love. For me that might be admiring flowers. Here’s one of my favorite lilies.
11. Help someone.
12. Just start. Don’t judge the result until you’ve got plenty to judge.
13. Seek out other creative people. Ask them to share ideas with you. This is my favorite tip and I know you guys are resourceful. Do you have any suggestions for me?