|Header from samulli|
June twenty-first was the longest day of 2015 and the first official day of summer. To celebrate, here are thirteen quotes about my favorite season.
1. Ah, summer - that long anticipated stretch of lazy, lingering days, free of responsibility and rife with possibility. It's a time to hunt for insects, master handstands, practice swimming strokes, conquer trees, explore nooks and crannies, and make new friends. ~ Darrell Hammond
2. One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter. ~ Henry David Thoreau
3. Summer: Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker. Water gets warmer. Drinks get colder. Music gets louder. Nights get longer. Life gets better.~ Unknown
4. Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and have it count for something. To lie in the grass and count the stars. To sit on a branch and study the clouds. ~ Regina Brett
5. Some of the best memories are made in flip flops. ~ Kellie Elmore
6. Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~ Russel Baker
7. Summer afternoon-- summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~ Henry James
8. It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine ... it's summertime! ~ Kenny Chesney
9. If you are not barefoot, you’re overdressed. ~ Unknown
10. Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet. ~ Bob Marley
11. A girl in a bikini is like having a loaded pistol on your coffee table — there’s nothing wrong with them, but it’s hard to stop thinking about it. ~ Garrison Keillor
12. One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by. ~ Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle
13. I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket. ~ Kellie Elmore
What is your favorite season? Do you know a quote concerning it? Please share.