Thursday, April 9, 2015

Future Picks—What would you like to read?

Source-http://36.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ybapPwBu1r61emco1_1280.jpg
People who read my blog often know I’m always on the hunt for something new to read. I’m positively addicted to a good story. With that in mind, I’ve been studying the Twitter hash tag MSWL, manuscript wish list, and imagining which new tales I might devour.

At Twitter’s #MSWL, agents, editors, publishers and other literary professionals detail what they’d like to see.


Here are thirteen I’d love to read.

  1. Veronica Park @VeroniKaboom  Mar 18 I love awkwardness, wit, and barely-there romances I can ship. #MSWL
  2. Garrett Marco @garrett_marco · Feb 18
Steamy Fantasy Romance. The three best words. #MSWL 
  1. Jennifer Azantian @jenazantian · Mar 3
I'd love to see some fantasy that plays at the edges of our world. Think @neilhimself 's AMERICAN GODS or NEVERWHERE. #MSWL
  1. Susan Hawk: A MG mystery or detective novel, especially with a historical element. Think FROM THE MIXED UP FILES or CHASING VERMEER.  Fast-paced, with complex characters. 
  2. Erin Harris @ErinHarrisFolio · Mar 6
#MSWL I want a beautifully written YA fantasy with great world building, in the vein of Red Queen and The Darkest Part of the Forest!
  1. Brian Geffen @Brian_Geffen  Mar 27
#MSWL Dark, dangerous, gritty YA that pulls no punches. Thrillers and mysteries in particular. A bit of strangeness is also welcome.
  1. Talia Benamy @taliabenamy  Mar 27 Do you have any books with awesome girl protagonists who break gender stereotypes? Send them my way!
  2. Uwe Stender @UweStender  Apr 4 I found 4 truly funny YA/MG manuscripts in 3 years. But I want to laugh more. Humor, wit, and great writing is my dream team. #MSWL
  3. #MSWLLaura Zats @LZats  Apr 2
#MSWL lighthearted SF for adults
  1.  Angela James @angelajames · Feb 23
I am *incredibly* interested in acquiring, publishing & building a shifter-focused paranormal romance series. I still want PNR!!#MSWL
  1. Michelle Witte @michellewitte · Feb 18
Anything that can be described as: gothic, creepy, eerie, spooky, sinister, surreal. Related: weird, odd, strange, bizarre, quirky. #MSWL
  1. Kathleen Rushall @KatRushall · Feb 18
Got a diverse or multicultural YA fantasy w/ beautiful writing, strong world-building and a kickass voice? I'm your girl.#MSWL
  1. Stacey Friedberg @StaceyFriedberg  Apr 1
I am aching for a beautifully written, super creepy YA or MG. Serious cravings, you guys! #mswl

What do think? Do any of the ideas sound like novels you’d like to read? What would you like to see? Leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.


 Sources


10 comments:

  1. Lots of YA and fantasy requests. Looks like the sub-genre will be holding strong a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I hope so, or it might be just my preference.

      Delete
  2. Like Alice, the YA/Fantasy requests jumped out at me. I have the last Rick Riordan YA/F, Blood of Olympus, in Mount TBR, but need a long do-nothing weekend so I can devour it as I did the previous book in that series. My blooming T13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I haven't read Blood of Olympus but it sounds good.

      Delete
  3. I was glad to see the word "gothic" in there. I always did like the gothic romances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #12 reminds me of the preview I saw for an upcoming MFTV movie about Lizzie Borden. Both gave me a chill. So I'd choose that one.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja