This weekend, April 24-26, 2015, the Wisconsin Romance Writers are hosting the 2015 Write Touch Conference at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, featuring Mary Buckham, who will give a workshop called, “Down and Dirty Ways to Create Stronger Characters.” Also there will be many agents, writers and editors like: Jade Lee, Cindy Dees, Damon Suede, Jessica Sinsheimer, Shauna Summers, Candace Havens, Nicole Resciniti, Sara Megibow, and Mary Altman.
I’m looking forward to attending and meeting everyone, but at the same time, I’m shy and I can be a little socially awkward. In the hopes of helping myself as well as others, I’ve decided to research and post thirteen writing conference conversation starters.
1. What’s your favorite book?
2. Do you write? What would you love to have your writing compared to?
3. What sessions are you looking forward to the most?
4. Who is your favorite author?
5. What have you read recently? Why did you like or dislike it?
6. What’s the best thing you've discovered at this conference so far?
7. Why did you decide to come to this conference?
8. Where’s the bathroom? (This is probably not the best opener, but at least I’ll get an “I don’t know” response.)
9. Did you attend _____'s talk? What was your take-away?
10. Would you like a glass of water? Cup of coffee?
11. What’s your favorite day of the week? Why?
12. Do you like pets?
13. Do you write? What are you working on?
Okay, I think I’m almost ready to (gulp) chat up new people, but if you can think of any other good conversation openers, please leave them in the comments.
I’d appreciate the advice. Thanks.