Monday, July 21, 2014

Getting My Writer's Groove Back

Sorry I haven't been around lately. The last time I posted on this blog was back in October. Shameful, I know. I wish I could blame it on plain old writer's block, but it's not so simple as that. A lot has been going on in my life in the past year and I found myself in a deep, dark hole, trying to claw my way out. I won't go into detail, but I lost two people I loved within months of each other (my dad and one of my best friends). Needless to say, I found it hard to write about love and happily-ever-afters. I think I'm finally getting back to a place where I can focus on my writing again, but it's been a struggle. I miss the ease of writing when my characters would not shut up, elbowing each other out of the way so that I could tell their stories. The characters in my current WIP (the sequel to my last book) won't tell me a thing. I'm actually re-reading the first book in my series in an effort to get myself back in the 'zone'. Hopefully that'll bring my muse back from wherever she's been hiding.

1 comment:

 
ja