Currently, I’m in a state of expectation. I’m waiting for a whole bunch of things. Maybe because it’s spring— trees are budding and grass is greening after a long winter or maybe waiting is just what people do, part of our daily lives. We wait for: vacations, holidays, buses, planes, letters, emails, tweets, movies, classes, appointments, work, family and friends, rain or sunshine—almost everything.
Here are thirteen things I looked forward to happening yesterday.
- Waking up. (Me and my family)
- The Keurig brewing a first cup. Tea for me. Coffee for my husband.
- The weather person’s forecast.
- The daffodils outside my front door to open—they’re
They're opening. :)
- The book I requested to come in at the library.
- My fitness center to unlock.
- The stop light to change from read to green.
- My students to arrive for class, lessons to begin, and each activity to take place and finish. Lunch with my colleagues.
- The check out line at the grocery store to move.
- Dinner to cook.
- My family to return home and tell me about their day.
- My friends meeting me. My turn to buy a movie ticket.
- The movie we decided to see starting.