Thursday, April 3, 2014

In Celebration of ASK AGAIN LATER

You've written a kick-butt great novel that a major New York publisher picks up. What do you do on the month that story hits the book stores?

Simple, you invite friends, readers and family to book launch. That’s exactly what my talented author friend Liz Czukas did when her book ASK AGAIN LATER came out.



I was fortunate enough to get an invitation and here are thirteen of the photos I snapped.

1. 
Liz signing my copy.

2.
 3.

Grin. This guy really liked the books.
4.
Lot of people bought books.

5.
Good times, good friends and a good read

6.
Liz's book is about a prom and her launch was a little like a prom.
7.

We had fun.
8.
We all wanted our own copy.
9.
One of the awesome things Liz did, was to hook up with the Cinderella Project, a nonprofit group that collects prom dresses for girls who can't afford them.
10. 
Many people brought dresses.
11.
Isn't this pretty? 
12
These look fun to wear!
13.
Liz's many friends wish her well.

 
 
Want to know what Liz’s book ASK AGAIN LATER is about? Here’s the blurb I copied from her website.

Despite what her name might suggest, Heart has zero interest in complicated romance. So when her brilliant plan to go to prom with a group of friends is disrupted by two surprise invites, Heart knows there’s only one drama-free solution: flip a coin.
Heads: The jock. He might spend all night staring at his ex or throw up in the limo, but how bad can her brother’s best friend really be?
Tails: The theater geek…with a secret. What could be better than a guy who shares all Heart’s interests–even if he wants to share all his feelings?
Heart’s simple coin flip has somehow given her the chance to live out both dates. But where her prom night ends up might be the most surprising thing of all.


I’m looking forward to reading my copy over spring break, and if you’d like to join me in reading ASK AGAIN LATER, I’m sure you can find it on the Amazon or Barnes and Noble sites and at most major bookstores. 

As always I appreciate you stopping by my blog and I love hearing from you. Thanks.

14 comments:

  1. Very nice promo! I hope you enjoy the read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CountryDew,
      Thanks. I bet I'll love the story.

      Delete
  2. Looks like it was a fun event. The book sounds like something a young friend of mine might enjoy. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,
      I'm guessing you'd like ASK AGAIN LATER, too.

      Delete
  3. Love those princess dresses and thinking about how the flip of a coin can change our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm with you. I still remember some of my prom dresses fondly.

      Delete
  4. What a fun book launch!

    A flip of the coin leads to a paranomal? I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice,
    I like how your mind works. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous photo set! Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,
      Thanks. I'm honored to have you drop by.

      Delete
  7. So glad to see pics of the launch! I hated to miss out! And the idea with the prom dresses is wonderful. Can't wait to pick up my copy and have Liz sign it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn,
      It was a fun launch, but I'm hoping our friends will have more. I'll see you at the next one.

      Delete
  8. How cool! Thanks Brenda for the photos! Congrats Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tricia Q.
    You're welcome. I appreciate your visit.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja