|Page by Jayson Taylor|
I just started a new job this January and I love it. I’m an adjunct instructor teaching English at a local university. In celebration, and because I’m still trying to juggle the rest of my life around my new job, I’d like to share thirteen quotes about work.
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. ~ Colin Powell
- Inspiration usually comes during work rather than before it. ~ Madeline L’Engle
- If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to. ~ Jim Henson
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. ~ Aristotle
- Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here. ~ Donald Trump
- We often miss opportunity because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~ Thomas Edison
- Work without love is slavery. ~ Mother Teresa
- I like to call in sick to work at place where I’ve never held a job. Then when the manager tells me I don’t work there, I tell them I’d like to. But not today, as I’m sick. ~ Jarod Kintz
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. ~ Confucius
- I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. ~ Jerome K. Jerome
- The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. ~ Barack Obama
- When he worked, he really worked. But when he played, he really PLAYED. ~ Dr. Seuss
- Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. ~ William James
How about you? Do you have any advice about starting a new job? Or a good thought about work? Please share. Thanks.