Friday, November 8, 2013

CONTEST: Zombies, Romance, and the Chance to Win a Free Book!

Today I’m excited to announce the release of my short story, PIED PIPER OF THE DEAD, in the zombie romance anthology Still Hungry for Your Love.


PIED PIPER OF THE DEAD is an updated retelling of the Pied Piper of Hamelin, with Steampunk elements and zombies, set in a post-apocalyptic version of my hometown. No, no characters (zombie or otherwise) are based off of people I know, although the main characters are inspired by a fictional TV duo. And -- the best part -- my story is but one of 15 stories in this anthology. That’s a whole lot of zombie love. We’ve got traditional zombies, non-traditional zombies, zombies of various speeds, zombies who can be controlled by sound, zombies from around the globe. We’ve even got lesbian voodoo zombies, and I don’t know about you, but I think that’s pretty awesome.

October was a busy month for me, and November isn’t slowing down any. I’ve been so busy I haven’t had the chance to celebrate! So tonight, I want to celebrate by giving away a free digital copy of Still Hungry for Your Love to one lucky commenter!

What’s the catch? There’s always a catch. Fortunately, this one requires no fine print or legal disclaimers. To be entered into the drawing for a FREE digital copy of Still Hungry for Your Love, just do 2 EASY things:
  1. Announce this contest on some form of social media, be it Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, your personal blog, YouTube (if you want to get really creative, I guess), or what have you. Like I said, it’s been a busy, busy month and I can’t get the word out all on my own :)
  2. Comment on this blog with the link to that announcement AND tell me your favorite zombie book or film.
Simple, huh? And you can even enhance your odds of winning. For every type of social media you spread the announcement on, you’ll get an extra entry in the randomizer. So, if you Facebook and Tweet the announcement and place both links in the comments, your name will be entered twice. Make sense? If more than 50 people enter the contest, I’ll even throw in some additional zombie-themed goodies, like a copy of my favorite zombie movie, Shaun of the Dead.

What are you waiting for? Start spreading the word and we’ll kick this celebration off right!


Contest is open until Monday, November 11, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Winner(s) will be selected randomly. I have one request - if you win, please leave an honest review of the anthology on Amazon or Goodreads. Honest reviews help authors, and we really, really appreciate it. GOOD LUCK!!

12 comments:

  1. Just shared via my Facebook and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot to say my favorite zombie movie is Warm Bodies. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish :) Great movie! I'm embarrassed to say I didn't realize it was an update of Romeo and Juliet until the balcony scene. D'oh! I really need to rewatch...

      Delete
  3. Just tweeted! :)

    And my favorite zombie movie...
    Satirical: Zombieland
    Serious: 28 Days Later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela. Oooh, both great choices. My love for Woody Harleson tripled after Zombieland. I can't think of anyone else who could have played that part.

      Delete
  4. Tweeted!
    Favorite Zombie movie- Warm Bodies
    Finally one that actually has a story line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Page! You and Trish are together in the Warm Bodies love. It's a good one!

      Delete
  5. Ok...it has now been FB'd by me! A favorite zombie movie...does Pet Sematary count? Love that book and movie!! And if you want something even more zombie, then how about The Evil Dead. Yes, Gretchen, I once watched zombie movies. And loved them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.O

      First Star Trek, now zombies. Kim, I feel like I don't even know you anymore! (Also, I'm extremely impressed). Love The Evil Dead. I also think Pet Sematary counts.

      Delete
    2. My layers are many ;) I just hide some of them! I also went through a spell of reading fantasy novels. Piers Anthony mostly. And now that I'm thinking about them, I'd love to reread them. Just need time...

      Delete
  6. And the winner (courtesy of random.org) is...

    ANGELA BLOUNT!

    Thanks for helping me get the word out, ladies! And thank you for helping me celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Thanks for the opportunity, Gretch! :D

    And now, for everyone's horror and amusement...

    *Dances to Thriller*

    ReplyDelete

 
ja