This weekend I was privileged to attend the 2013 Write Touch Conference at the Olympia Resort and
. Please bear with
me while share 13 of my favorite moments from the event. Conference
Header courtesy of samulli
1. Michael Hauge who is a renowned story consultant, best selling author and awesome teacher, and our keynote speaker shared his story mastery coaching methods to help us improve our plots.
2. Molly, who is in love with the 1940’s, taught Elizabeth Poteet and I how to pin curl hair.
3. Here’s Molly in one of her period dresses.
4. Lots of people won the literacy raffle baskets. Barb received one full of Inspirational reads.
5. Maureen snagged this one.
6. Kate won a bag of books.
7. A big and exciting part of the conference is getting to pitch a manuscript to an editor or an agent. I was fortunate to get to pitch my story to Elizabeth Poteet and Sarah Younger. They were both gracious, kind and approachable.
8. Joe Fraser, Wisconsin Romance Writers' vice president and my critique partner celebrated his sixtieth birthday at the conference. Here’s the cake for him.
9. Liz and Molly lit the candles.
10. Joe blew out the candles and we all ate cake.
11. We connected with old friends and also had the chance to make some new ones.
12. Many of my favorite authors and friends brought books to sell, which they also offered to sign.
13. We had a chance to honor Fab Five and Write Touch Contest Winners. Casey Clifford’s stories finalized in more than one category. Cheryl's Romantic Suspense made it to the finals, too.
The 2013 Write Touch Conference had many highlights and fun moments. If you want to see more pictures you can find them on this link.
|2013-06-05 2013 Write Touch Conference|
Have you been to conference? What kind? What did you like best? Please say hi or leave a comment. I always look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Oh, and while I’m thanking people, I’d like to give a big, “Atta girl,” to Anne Parent, Karen Miller and Barb Britten, who put in long hours working on the conference.
Also, I want to acknowledge Rhiann Wynn-Nolet and Kristina Perez for Thursday's Children blog hop.