|A weekly blog hop where writers share their inspirations. Please join us!|
My son and I are busy people. Our days are rushed and so are our conversations unless we’re in the car traveling to or from his sports practices. Seatbelted and trapped in traffic, we talk about all kinds of things from deep insights to silly observations to his tastes in music and my questions about technology. Lately, he’s been on a pun kick. Here are 13 he’s shared with me.
- What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus!
- What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.
- I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
- Broken pencils are pointless.
- I tried to work out for seven days, but I was too week.
- I did a theoretical speech on puns, it was a play on words.
- I learned sign language the other day, its pretty handy.
- I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but it's okay, he says he can stop anytime.
- What is a requirement for being a pope? You have to be Pope-u-lar.
- That new weed whacker is cutting hedge technology.
- I've been to the dentist several times so I know the drill.
- I get my large circumference from too much pi.
- She got fired from the hot dog stand for putting her hair in a bun.
Someday, my son will be old enough to drive himself to his extracurricular events, but hopefully, we’ll still have interesting conversations. Perhaps, I’ll collect some puns to tell him. Do you know any? Please share.