In August 2007 Alan Fram from The Associated Press gave this surprising statistic—according to the Ipsos poll “one in four adults read no books at all in the past year.”
That doesn’t match my experience. Most of my friends are avid readers. They tend to agree with Desiderius Erasmus, who once said, “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”
In Middle School, I was teased for my reading habit, but it did no good. I’m still an enthusiast.
|Header courtesy of samulli|
Here are 13 of the favorite reads this summer.
1. Heaven is for Real~ Todd Burpo
2. The Lady in the
Lake~ Raymond Chandler
3. A Scattered Life~ Karen McQuestion
4. Stiff: The Curious Life of Human Cadavers~ Mary Roach
5. Steve Jobs~ Walter Isaacson
6. Before I Go To Sleep~ S. J. Watson
7. Insurgent~ Veronica Roth
8. Shanghai Girls~ Lisa See
9. Maze Runner~ James Dashner
Carolina Moon~ Nora
11. The Last Apprentice: Grimalkin the Witch~ Joseph Delaney
12. Crossed~ Ally Condie
13. Heart of Steel~ Meljean Brooks
What have you read lately? Would you recommend it? I’m always looking for good books.
I just finished Darker Still by: Leanna Renee Hieber. The story was as lovely and well done as the novel’s cover. I’m pleased to announce she will be my guest on Thursday, August 22, 2012. She’s going to share 13 aspects of her Magic Most Foul Series.