Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thirteen Scoops from The Magic Most Foul Series



Have you ever finished a book in a series and wanted to start the next one immediately, only to find it’s not out yet? That’s where I was when I got to the end of DARKER STILL—I really needed to find out what happened so… I contacted the author who generously offered some clues into THE TWISTED TRAGEDY OF MISS NATALIE STEWART. It’s my pleasure to share them with you.


Leanna: Here are my 13 favorite aspects of the Magic Most Foul saga, beginning with DARKER STILL and continuing this November with THE TWISTED TRAGEDY OF MISS NATALIE STEWART. The Magic Most Foul saga is a Gothic Victorian paranormal adventure set in the gas-lit, gritty glamour of 1880 New York City. Favorite things you, Dear Reader, can look forward to:


13. Historic places in New York City that are still here for our appreciation today.
12. A lush, transportative, gas-lit atmosphere.
11. A haunted painting!
10. A 19th century Goth club! (It's in Twisted Tragedy)
9. Dangerous, compelling, spooky dark magic.
8. A striking, enigmatic mentor, confidante and all around Kick-butt widow.
7. Mean Girls, no matter what century they're in, will always be Mean. But it makes it even sweeter when they don't get the guy.
6. A hero and heroine who meet soul-first.
5. A devilish doppelganger.
4. Pretty dresses!
3. A feisty young female narrator who is a far braver woman than the author herself.
2. Overcoming disability.
1. It's a hot British Lord who is the "Knight in Distress" for a change. Adventure ensues.

Thanks for sharing with us, Leanna.  And thanks everyone for visiting the diner. Do you have any books you're anxious to read? Any novels you'd suggest I try while I'm waiting? Please tell me in the comments.



About the author:




 Leanna Renee Hieber is an actress, playwright and the award winning, nationally bestselling author of the Strangely Beautiful and Magic Most Foul sagas and the upcoming Eterna Files saga, all Gothic Victorian Fantasy tales and all set in the 1880s, Leanna's era of choice. Leanna is a three time Prism Award winner and is currently a finalist in both the 2012 Prism awards and Daphne du Maurier awards. DARKER STILL was an Indie Next pick by the American Booksellers Association, a Scholastic Book Fair "Highly Recommended" title and her books have been translated into several languages. She will have short stories releasing in upcoming anthologies and can be seen on-screen playing Deputy Kellion in the Auror's Tale web-series. Keep track of her at http://leannareneehieber.com and she Tweets often at http://twitter.com/leannarenee


29 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing and like things don't change all that much over the years and centuries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think people are the same regardless of the century.

      Delete
  2. Sounds very interesting! I have a series that I read that the author never completed, but I loved what she did in the first three books. It does make it difficult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad. When I was a teenager, I picked up Tolkien's Two Towers at a rummage sale. I loved it. I would have been disappointed if I hadn't been able to find the other books.

      Delete
  3. I have not heard of DARKER STILL, but sounds like you have a lot to look forward to in the sequel.

    I am currently reading the Graveyard Queen series by Amanda Stevens (paranormal rom-suspense), and am holding a giveaway on my blog for book one. I was up until 3 o'clock this morning finishing book two. I was so close to the end, I couldn't stop until I was done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an evocative, teasing post! I love the setting -- the sidewalks of old New York, under lamplight, pretty dresses ... and DANGER! Good TT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think you nailed Leanna's series. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Greetings!

    I'm hopping over from GUTGAA and have decided to start visiting some of the blogs early. Nice to meet you and you have a lovely blog!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donnalmartin.com
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. I'm looking forward to the Gearing Up To Get An Agent event too.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Forgetfulone,
      I'm with you--meeting soul first in an interesting concept.

      Delete
  8. Agreed - mean girls transcends time. Nice list. Thanks for sharing.

    The Food Temptress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rekaya,
      So does food. We both have the most interesting things on our blogs, don't we?

      Delete
  9. Will you have a terrible opinion of me if I say that I try to stay away from series if I can because I don't want to be kept hanging, or I don't want to get sucked into reading multiple books by the same author all at one time because there are sooooo many books on my Goodreads list I still have to read? Having said that, I am not always successful. Sometimes, like with the Hunger Games trilogy, and Cinda Chima's Heir series, I had to read them all right away. Sometimes too, I can read the first book in a series and then move on without reading the rest. Then there's the Fablehaven trilogy, six books from P.C. Cast's House of Night saga and all three of Mara Purnhagan's Past Midnight books staring me down from my bookshelves, and I'm too intimidated to start them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      No. I get it. It's hard to be kept hanging and yeah, there are tons of books out there. Speaking of which, you mentioned some authors I've not sampled yet. Thanks.

      Delete
  10. I don't have anything I'm waiting for right now, but I did get read the second book in the Divergent series this year which made me all kinds of happy.

    Oh no, I lied. I can't wait for the next book in the Shatter Me trilogy. February is so far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J.A.
      I read the second book in Divergent too, which I think just came out, but I haven't read any of the Shatter Me trilogy. I'll look for it. Thanks.

      Delete
  11. Hey Brenda, thanks for popping by my blog. I love getting lost in a series. I'm diving into the latest Mortal Instruments next. Magic Most Foul sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie,
      Thanks. I bet you'll like Magic Most Foul.

      Delete
  12. I love gritty New York City in the 1880s! The rest sounds great too. Adding to my reading list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tracy,
    The New York 1880's is one of my favorite parts of the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A haunted painting intrigues me and make me think of Dorian Gray. The list is quite a teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice and spooky. I'm stopping in from the chocolate blog hop today. Nice to meet you. I'm a new follower.
    Ciara

    ReplyDelete

 
ja