Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sweet Summer Associations



“it's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine ... it's summertime!”~ Kenny Chesney

Ah, sweet summer, what memories does the season inspire? What do you think of when you contemplate summer?
Header courtesy of samulli
Here are thirteen things that say summer to me.




  1. Watermelon seed spitting
  2. Kitten cuddles
  3. Shorts and t-shirts
  4. Iced lemonade in a sweating glass
  5. Walks after dark
  6. Sun kissed skin
  7. Raspberry picking
  8. Tubing on a lake
  9. Swimsuits, sunscreen, snorkels and flippers
  10. Toes wiggling in the grass
  11. Hammock naps and dog-eared paperbacks
  12. Long summer nights
  13. Stargazer Lilies





What do you think of when I say, “Summer”? Please share. Oh, and happy summer!

Sources
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/summer

23 comments:

  1. barefoot and sundresses, swimming in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, great summer impressions! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the funky background on the post today, my IT guys are unavailable at present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Longer days, shorter nights. Fireflies and June bugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah--June bugs and fireflies. I forgot about those. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Definitely bare feet, hot sand, the smell of sunscreen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, great additions to the list. All of these say summer to me too.

      Delete
  5. I'm ready for all this. It's been a cold summer here this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you--ready to enjoy the season.

      Delete
  6. Yes to all of them! And, of course, the beach!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'd love to go to the beach today.

      Delete
  7. sounds wonderful. think I'll go for some of that lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMm, lemonade would hit the spot. I'll have to check out what I have in the kitchen.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Love the iced lemonade one.

    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you did your list. To me summer used to mean relaxing after working the school year, but since retirement, summer means happiness, sunshine, and a good overall feeling of peace. Love what summer means to you. I don't like to wiggle my toes in the grass. Sand on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toes in sand is fun, too. Thanks for the idea and happy retirement.

      Delete
  10. Oh, your list put me in a sunny summer mood! I like baseball, and being able to leave the house with just sandals (no more dealing with socks and shoe laces).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son would agree with you. He's also a sandals and baseball fan. Happy Summer!

      Delete
  11. Oh, for it to be summer. I like summer, but we have to get through winter to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like summer, too. Where I live, summer is just arriving, but you're just heading toward winter, right? Sorry.

      Delete
  12. I always associate the scent of fresh cut grass with summer. Great list. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah...yeah that fresh cut scent after someone mows. Thanks for the reminder. :)

      Delete

 
ja