Friday, March 9, 2012

Save the Date - Reanimate

Who doesn't love prom season? Even though I'm far from what may be classified either high school age or a "girly-girl," I can't help but get a certain sense of nostalgia about the event. Maybe it's fond memories of my own senior prom, maybe it's one too many high school themed movies glorifying the event, whatever it is, you can't deny the sentimental allure of overly aquanetted hair, a soon-to-be horribly outdated dress, an embarrassingly corny theme, and the hint of newly decaying flesh in the air...

Wait, what?


That's right, folks. If you live in Nashville, TN or any of the surrounding areas, it's once again time to mark your calendars. The third annual Promocalypse is scheduled for April 28, 2012 in the Cannery Ballroom. What is the Promocalypse? It's a prom...with zombies! As stated on the official website:

"For far too long, social events have unfairly excluded Zombiekind. If you are one of the reanimated dead, or are in a relationship with one, there is no reason to hide in the dark any longer! If you are a living human who is sympathetic to the cause of Reanimated Rights, or have ever been Zombie-curious, you are also welcome to join this historic event. For one night, let's put our differences aside, dance, and have fun!"
So it's the prom, but instead of high school drama and curfews, you get a cash bar and zombies. Really, what could be better?!

Human or zombie, prom attire is mandatory and strictly enforced. What does the discerning, fashion forward attendee wear to a zombie prom? Check out the previous prom photos for ideas.

If only I weren't pregnant, I'd be ROCKING the zombie heels!

Tickets will be on sale soon. Check the Promocalypse Facebook page for details.

If you were (or are!) planning to attend a zombie prom, what would you wear? Would you be a human at an otherwise undead event, newly deceased and decorated with just a hint of properly placed blood, or go the full zombie, with fabulously ghoulish makeup and the finest in fashionably mauled clothing? What are your must have promocalypse fashion accessories (zombie cameos are all the rage)? Most importantly, do you believe inter-lifestatus love can last?

5 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for an event. I think I'd go as human, but would need to give some thought to my costume. I guess I could have bite marks on me and terrify everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh-heh... I'll bet this is a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody went with me last year, either. Now everyone's pregnant or has babies. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. God. I hated prom night with all my heart (though I also went to them and endured the humiliation of yet another dateless evening), but this is the sort of prom I would have LOVED.

    I think I'd be the newly minted dead, maybe in last year's prom dress that I'd feel no compunction against taking revenge on and skillfully ripping in strategic spots. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. First a zombie 5K and now a prom. I'm loving it. And I must have those shoes!

    ReplyDelete

 
ja