Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First Day of Spring?

Really? We've been having Spring since October and now it's like early Summer. So as kitchen supervisor I've decided to go ahead and open our Snow Ball stand early.


This means we'll have to take turns manning the controls of the shaver and making ice. You gals up for it if it means free snow balls? With the bad weather headed this way later tonight and tomorrow we'll have an extra day to practice and make a schedule. Lol, maybe be should have one called the Thunderbumper. What color would it be? Not sure anyone would be interested in gray ice. Someone suggested a crawfish snow ball. Can't say that sounds appealing to me but then neither does Spearmint.

So what are your favorite flavors? I'll make sure I order plenty of supplies. Bring your kids by to get a Spiderman, or a Jolly Rancher, or a Bayou Gummy Worm with your employee discount!

Check out the flavors we offer in the ad above. New suggestions are appreciated. The employee with the best selling suggestion gets free snowballs for their family for the Summer!


Livia Quinn is a paranormal romance writer when she's not serving up snow balls to customers of all ages. Her paranormal Destined for the Storm is due out in May 2012. Fire in My Blood, by Marcella Rose, is available now at your favorite ebook store.


9 comments:

  1. Mint? Never had a mint snowball, but I can't help but think it might be tasty! Other than that, I grew up with shaved ice (not in Hawaii, so it's got that "d"), so as long as we have cherry, I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do, Eilis. Cherry, Black Cherry, Wild Cherry. So we have you covered.. Ours will be shaved as well. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only place I've ever had shaved ice was carnivals, and we called them snowcones. Cherry is definitely my favorite, but I had a mint one once and it was AWESOME! Great post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaved and cracked ice specialties range from snowballs to snowcones to slushies depending on the amount of flavor. Snowballs are meant to be eaten more with a spoon with the snow (on good days) resembling the fine powdery snow of a Colorado ski slope. With snow like that, the flavor just hangs on the ice crystals and the spoon slides in like butter. Looks like Cherry is winning so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the wedding cake flavor...oh, and the pina colada, heavy on the coconut! Livia makes the absolute best snow balls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Cadence. We're fixing to teach all the employees to make them. I love that pina colada with a touch of strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another vote for pina colada! Make mine alcoholic....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take a margarita one. That does come with tequila, right? *G*

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOo, I'll take one of each. Just pile them up in my dish bucket!

    ReplyDelete

 
ja