Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Greetings



Hi. Thank you for stopping by our diner. We appreciate your company and want to wish you the Season’s best. Happy Hanukkah. Happy Kwanzaa …
and Merry Christmas!

Or in thirteen other languages--


  1. Arabic: Milad Majid

  2. Chinese: (Cantonese) Gun Tso Sun Tan'Gung Haw Sun

  3. Czech: Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok

  4. Danish: Glædelig Jul

  5. French: Joyeux Noel

  6. Gaelic: Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ùr!

  7. German: Fröhliche Weihnachten

  8. Greek: Kala Christouyenna!

  9. Icelandic: Gledileg Jol

  10. Korean: Sung Tan Chuk Ha

  11. Spanish: Feliz Navidad

  12. Tagalog: Maligayamg Pasko. Masaganang Bagong Tao

  13. Thai: Sawadee Pee Mai or souksan wan Christmas

However you say it, we hope your holiday is wonderful! And again, thanks.

Sources
http://www.santas.net/howmerrychristmasissaid.htm
http://xmasfun.com/fun/Languages.asp
http://www.worldofchristmas.net/merry-christmas.html

19 comments:

  1. God Jul of Godt Nytt År! (Norwegian)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays! That's my favorite as it covers everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buon Natale a te! (Italian, of course)

    Buone Feste! (Happy Holidays)

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley Munro and Forgetfulone,
    Thanks. All the seasons best--Merry Christmas back at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather,
    Thanks, I'll add your greeting to my Christmas collection. May this Christmas be all that you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CountryDew,
    Yep, Happy Holidays does it! I hope you have some great ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly Menozzi,
    Thanks. I'm adding your Italian Merry Christmas to my growing collection of Christmas greetings. "Buon Natale a te!" back at ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number 11 is the most popular thanks to Jose Feliciano.

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brenda: Argh! I just noticed that when I typed my greeting in Word before copying it here, Word "corrected" one of my Norsk. It should be: God Jul og Godt Nytt År!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/12/the-2011-holiday-season-facts/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colleen,
    Yep, I think you're right. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather,
    Thanks. I'll make a note of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am Harriet,
    Thanks. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a happy list! Thank you for sharing (and Merry Christmas).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks. I hope you have an awesome Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy (belated) Christmas
    and
    happy tt and wishing you a happy new year

    ReplyDelete

 
ja