Sunday, October 16, 2011

Today's Special

The pie of the day is cherry, and the coffee and tea are ready. I hope you're all out there doing what needs to be done - as I have been in the past month. Again, I apologize for being gone so much - it's been a tough year.

It's October, which means Halloween is just around the corner and tales of ghosts and goblins, witches and wizards, hellcats and hexes roam the internet looking for a home. Where would be a better place to hear about such things than here at the Otherworld Diner.

I'm hoping you'll share with us your recent writings, readings or findings in the field of the paranormal, supernatural or just plain weird, or tell us a ghost story of your own.

When I was young, my sister swore the boogeyman lived in our attic, and I was always afraid to go up the stairs into the shadows where a single lightbulb swung on its chain, waiting to go out with the slightest breath. I knew there was something lurking up there, something dark and evil, waiting... always waiting. I stayed in that house alone a few times as a teen, and the scary noises from the attic always kept me next to the phone, fingers trembling and a flashlight nearby, just in case. Call me paranoid, but I'd seen and heard too many things not to have a vivid imagination.

So tell me ... what scares you?

2 comments:

 
ja