Sunday, September 11, 2011

Life as I know it

I've been MIA lately from my Sunday posts, and I wanted to share with you why. Recently, a girl who has been like my own daughter was swept into the Missouri River and disappeared. It took them ten days to find her body, and the funeral was yesterday.

This past few weeks has been very hard for me and I have not been able to write or do just about anything else. The funeral, however, gave me closure of a sort, although the sadness still lingers. It is not right for a parent to outlive their children, and this wrongness has dampened my spirit for quite some time.

I share this because I know all of us who write do so to share with others what we have in our minds and hearts. I have watched and read the sharing going on here and in other blogs and am so proud to be a part of it. I hope to be able to write again soon.

So please, don't give up - on yourself or others. Just write - because that's what we are... writers.

2 comments:

  1. (((J.P.))) Prayers go out to you and the girl's family.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja