Sunday, September 25, 2011

I don't know what to do

Two weeks ago, I posted an apology for my absence lately. It seems the world was not done kicking my butt, because my husband of 49 passed away very unexpectedly and suddenly this past Monday. The funeral was yesterday and I am so lost and numb and angry (a long story about his ex-wife) I don't know what to do anymore. I came here because at least I knew I had an appointment, as such, to pass on information or encouragement or laughter to those of you who read here. I'm sorry to say I will fail miserably tonight.

Please know I will pick myself up and do better in the future, although I don't know how long this will take, but know in my heart I am still a writer, as I trust you are. I just may not be a practicing writer for a bit because there are too many pieces to pick up.

I'm so sorry to bring you down, but wanted to share this news with people I've come to know and love.

Jeannie

4 comments:

  1. I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. My husband is the same age and it would be devastating to lose him so young. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Your writing family will be here at the diner when you get back. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jeannie,

    I'm so sorry to hear this news. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    And you know, we're all volunteers at the Diner. Take whatever time you need. We'll keep the coffee hot for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie I am so sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts and prayers are with you. So very, very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja