Want to find out who? In honor of President’s Day, I’m posting several presidential nicknames as well as a few hints. See if you guess which president the moniker belongs to. If you’re right, I’ll post the name along with yours. And later, I’ll give you all the answers.
Ready to play? Here we go:
- Growing up in southern United States, this person was called Bubba by his family.
- This law student put in so many hours studying, he earned the nickname Iron Butt.
- This president hated to waste electricity and would actually patrol the White House, turning off lights, a behavior that caused his staffers to dub him Light-Bulb Lyndon.
- People who didn’t like this reforming president used to refer to him as That man in the White House.
- As a 23-year-old geologist he surveyed lands in the Australian Outback. His co-workers referred to him as The Chief.
- Having been trained as a tailor, this president earned the label The Tennessee Tailor.
- His opposition deemed him The Senator from Pendergast, Mister Missouri and High-Tax Harry, but you probably know him better by Give ‘Em Hell Harry, the name he used in his campaign slogan.
- This president, now deceased -- whose 100th birthday was celebrated recently -- was called Dutch and The Gipper.
- This president’s given name was James Earl, but he went by one of the common nicknames for James.
- Most called him Jerry, but so many people felt he was such a nice fellow that Mr. Nice Guy became one of his monikers. He was born with the name Leslie Lynch King, Jr.
- This man was known as The Sage of Monticello. At the time he was president, they proclaimed him A Man of the People. His face is on an American dollar, but I won't tell you which one.
- Creek Indians called him Sharp Knife. Soldiers under his command said he was as tough as hickory, earning him the name Old Hickory.
- Let's end with an easy one. Growing up, he liked to be known as Barry. The press dubbed him No Drama Obama.
Have the nicknames helped you guess each of these presidents? Please post your answers in the comments and thanks for playing.