Sunday, February 20, 2011

Long Lost Me

It's been a busy - and snowy - winter, and I haven't gotten as much accomplished as I'd hoped. However, I have put my finger to the pulse of publishing again recently and hope to give you some updated information soon.

So here's my question: What do you want to know about paranormal fiction - urban fantasy - dark fiction - from the agents and publishers who buy it?

There's been a lot of moving around in the publishing field since the economy went south. As you've all probably heard, for example, Dorchester went to epub in a move to become more financially stable. And self-publishing has become a viable option for many authors who haven't been able to tap into traditional publishing.

Here's your chance to ask anything, and I'll take it to the publishers and agents and find out what you want to know. I'm gearing up for RT Booklover's in LA in April, and I want to have a good knowledge base to get some business done. So let me know what you want to know, what you're curious about and who you'd like to ask about your current WIP. Maybe we can arrange a guest editor or agent or two soon, to talk about your projects.

Let me know as soon as you can because I'll be making my calls starting this week!
Happy writing.
Jeannie

2 comments:

  1. I'd want to know about heat levels and if they see these...leveling off, maybe? Or if there's more room for paranormal romances and books that aren't very hot to erotic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something I've already got my fingers in - the heat level varies. There is still room for books considered "sweet" and "mild" with little to no sex. So that's good news!

    ReplyDelete

 
ja