Happy November and happy National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)! I’m busy pounding out my yearly 50,000 word novel as a NaNoWriMo participant and, three days in, I’ve gotten to the point where I need a little plot help, some idea of where my story is going.
You may be in the same boat. If you are, I have a site for you, Seventh Sanctum. http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-writ.php It’s full of idea generating links that are sure to get your inner creativity fired up and maybe give you a good chuckle on the way.
Here are 13 ideas from the fantasy plot generator.
1. A bitter stableboy offers to help a clever queen, resulting in chaos.
2. A brash sorceress has a question for a young demigoddess, resulting in true love.
3. A helpful stableboy and a shepherd seek a legendary spell in this tale of danger.
4. In this story, peasants and gypsies clash with a mild-mannered beggar stuck in the middle.
5. A lonely sorceror has tea with a wicked merman, resulting in true love.
6. In this story, wolves and pirates clash with a bashful troll stuck in the middle.
7. A mysterious farmer learns a secret from a wicked satyr, resulting in true love.
8. A peasant raised by merfolk talks to a foolish troll.
9. A pixie raised by pirates has an argument with a cantankerous mermaid.
10. A tinker raised by pirates spies on a mild-mannered sorceress.
11. In this story, circus performers and robbers clash with a scatterbrained troll stuck in the middle.
12. This tale of an epic struggle begins when a devious midwife betrays a proud queen.
13. In this story, fairies and robbers clash with a cowardly griffin stuck in the middle.
I hope the Seventh Sanctum ignites your imagination as it does mine. Check out the site and let me know what you find. Happy Writing.