Have you watched the news lately? Heat adversaries and temperatures over 100 are daily occurrences. To beat the roasting warmth, I’ve decided to present 13 quotes with the word heat in them.
- When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. Ronald Reagan
- It ain't the heat, it's the humility. Yogi Berra
- Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. Russel Baker
- Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot that it do singe yourself. William Shakespeare
- Write while the heat is in you. The writer who postpones the recording of his thoughts uses an iron which has cooled to burn a hole with. He cannot inflame the minds of his audience.
Henry David Thoreau
- When the water starts boiling it is foolish to turn off the heat. Nelson Mandela
- Nothing splendid was ever created in cold blood. Heat is required to forge anything. Every great accomplishment is the story of a flaming heart. Arnold H. Glasgow
- If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back? Steven Wright
- Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate. Friedrich Nietzsche
- One cool judgment is worth a thousand hasty counsels. The thing to do is to supply light and not heat. Woodrow Wilson
- If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Harry S. Truman
- Some people change their ways when they see the light; others when they feel the heat.
- If you can't stand the heat, don't go to Cancun in the summer. Ben Stein
What’s the temperature where you live? What are you doing to beat the heat? Do tell.
Please visit on Thursday, August 19, when multi-talented and multi-published author, Terry Spear will be blogging about her new release, Seduced by the Wolf.