Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quotes to Beat the Heat





Have you watched the news lately? Heat adversaries and temperatures over 100 are daily occurrences. To beat the roasting warmth, I’ve decided to present 13 quotes with the word heat in them.



  1. When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. Ronald Reagan



  2. It ain't the heat, it's the humility. Yogi Berra



  3. Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. Russel Baker



  4. Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot that it do singe yourself. William Shakespeare



  5. Write while the heat is in you. The writer who postpones the recording of his thoughts uses an iron which has cooled to burn a hole with. He cannot inflame the minds of his audience.
    Henry David Thoreau



  6. When the water starts boiling it is foolish to turn off the heat. Nelson Mandela



  7. Nothing splendid was ever created in cold blood. Heat is required to forge anything. Every great accomplishment is the story of a flaming heart. Arnold H. Glasgow



  8. If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back? Steven Wright



  9. Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate. Friedrich Nietzsche



  10. One cool judgment is worth a thousand hasty counsels. The thing to do is to supply light and not heat. Woodrow Wilson



  11. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Harry S. Truman



  12. Some people change their ways when they see the light; others when they feel the heat.
    Caroline Schoeder



  13. If you can't stand the heat, don't go to Cancun in the summer. Ben Stein

    What’s the temperature where you live? What are you doing to beat the heat? Do tell.

    Sources
    http://www.brainyquote.com/words/he/heat172400.html
    http://thinkexist.com/quotes/



Please visit on Thursday, August 19, when multi-talented and multi-published author, Terry Spear will be blogging about her new release, Seduced by the Wolf.

36 comments:

  1. Interesting topic! You have some great heat quotes. It's winter here in New Zealand. I could actually do with some heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect 13 list of quotes!

    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/did-your-parents-tell-you-any-food-fibs-to-entice-you-to-eat-or-skip-any-foods/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley Munro,
    So you could use some heat right now. Wish I could lend it to you. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Harriet,
    Thanks. Is it hot where you are too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yogi Berra came up with that one? Oh. I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A heated post of a different kind :-)
    Where I am it's hot one day, rather miserable the next. A typical Brit summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shakespeare is everywhere. I like no. 9, and am keeping no. 5 in mind. I enjoyed your list.

    P.S. Bangkok is boiling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for this weather. Over here it's around 27 centigrade, so it is manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alice Audrey,
    I guess Yogi did, but yeah, lots of people say that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. anthonynorth,
    Thanks for the weather report. I'd love to experience a Brit summer sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel,
    Thanks. Wish I could visit Bangkok. I think number nine is something to keep in mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. colleen,
    Good line. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rikki,
    I'm glad the weather's okay by you. /Where I live it's not really bad for me but it is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love No. 2!

    It's 70 and RAINY here today, a good 16 degrees below what it was yesterday, but really humid. Tomorrow is supposed to be 90 and humid, with a heat index around 100. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heather,
    Yep, it will probably be like that in Milwaukee too. Hot. Hot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been camped out in front of my fan for days. I'm not much of a sun worshipper as I was in my younger years. Sigh...does that make me old?
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  17. it is overcast here today. I wish we had some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, heat wave people - don't throw anything, but it's 70 degrees here in Halifax, Nova Scotia today (that's 21 degrees Celcius for me - I had to convert it.) Quite comfortable, really. People are funny here - we want it to warm up and feel summery, but we complain about actual heat.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adelle,
    I can relate. Today, it's actually cooler, but tomorrow promises to be one of the hotest yet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovesmukiwa,
    You're in Canada, right?

    ReplyDelete
  21. No worries Julia,
    I won't hold the weather against you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Arizona monsoons came through this week and the temperature has lowered to the 80s. Yipee!!!! When it's in the 90s and 100s, I just stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kristen,
    It's hard for me to picture monsoons in Arizona, because I think of the state as being mostly desert, but I believe you. I guess I've learned something. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect timing with these quotes. I for one as sick of the heat and humidity.

    http://jillconyers.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Steven Wright quote made me giggle. This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  26. jillconyers,
    Yeah, weather can get you down. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ella Drake,
    Yeah, I like Steven Wright's quote too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We don't have summers here, but the weather is still unusually hot. Thanks for sharing.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great quotes! It's actually not been too hot here in the Pacific Northwest so far... but I'm sure it's coming. I will then a) stay inside or b) go to the pool to beat the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  30. We've got a heat advisory today and tomorrow... I'm WAY too hot to read these quotes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kah Woei,
    No summer? My husband would like to visit. He is not a fan of hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  32. sherilee,
    I'm with you. Going to the pool sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Susan,
    I understand. Sometimes days are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Excellent quotes! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

 
ja