Brenda's been doing a publishing series for us lately on her Thursday 13's but I thought it might be handy, for myself and for anyone writing romance novels with paranormal elements, to have a list of publishers of our subgenre handy! Here's 13 possibilities for your paranormal romance, your urban fantasy or your speculative romance (no agent required to submit a query). Note that these are not exclusively publishers of erotic romance, as that would be an entirely different list!
1) Avon Publishing: http://www.harpercollins.com/imprints/avon/SubmissionGuidelines.aspx
2) Carina Press: http://carinapress.com/submission-guidelines/
3) Cerridwen Press: http://www.jasminejade.com/t-writerscircle.aspx
4) Dorchester Publishing: http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/SubmissionGuidlines.cfm
5) Juno Books: http://www.juno-books.com/guidelines.html
6) Kensington Books: http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/finditem.cfm?itemid=14298
7) Luna Books (Harlequin/Silhouette imprint just for spec romance): http://www.eharlequin.com/articlepage.html?articleId=538&chapter=0
8) New American Library (NAL): http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/publishers/adult/nal.html
9) Nocturne: (Harlequin/Silhouette line just for para-romance): http://www.eharlequin.com/articlepage.html?articleId=538&chapter=0
10) Samhain Publishing: http://samhainpublishing.com/submissions
11) Sourcebooks, Inc:
12) St. Martin's Press: http://www.stmartins.com/
13) Tor/Forge, in particular Tor Paranormal Romance: http://us.macmillan.com/Content.aspx?publisher=torforge&id=255
What publishers who take manuscripts that aren't necessarily erotic would you add to this list?
www.jodywallace.com * www.meankitty.com