Sunday, March 14, 2010

Paranormal - writing?

Today, I was looking around for inspiration and I typed paranormal writing into my web browser, thinking I might find something of interest to spark my own (and hopefully your) creativity.

The first search result came up as "automatic writing." Weird. So I figured, I'd go check it out. They define automatic writing as receiving a message where your hand moves of its own accord to write message that seems to come "out of nowhere." Sometimes my hand does that too - only it's because a character is talking to me, not because some "otherworldly spirit" is attempting to pass a message through me. There have even been complete novels written in this method they describe ... I wonder how good they are, and how I could tap into that, because novel writing is HARD! If someone would do it for me, and it would actually sell, wow!

So here's the link: http://paranormal.about.com/library/howto/htautowrite.htm
They tell you how to do it and give you tips - recognizing its level as hard and the time it takes as anywhere from 15 minutes up.

While I'm not saying it's a good way to get your "writing" started, you never know. Paranormal writing at its strangest.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ja