With Christmas a mere day away, the final countdown has begun. Soon our preparations will become celebrations. Family and friends will gather. Perhaps reindeer hooves will tramp over the roof, but most importantly, we’ll recall the birth of a baby boy in a manger.
I would like wish my blogging friends a very Merry Christmas by sharing more quotes about the holiday.
1. Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale
2. Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. And to yourself, respect.~ Oren Arnold
3. Christmas - that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance -- a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved. ~Augusta E. Rundel
4. There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.~Erma Bombeck
5. Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.~ Calvin Coolidge
6. He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith
7. And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What, he thought, if Christmas doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ~Dr. Seuss
8. Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. ~Mary Ellen Chase
9. Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder
10. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.~Dale Evans
11. Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space. ~Dave Barry
12. It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. ~W.T. Ellis
13. A lovely thing about Christmas is that it's compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together. ~Garrison Keillor
Thank you, my friends. I’m aware that some of you may not share this holiday. I appreciate your tolerance and I wish you all the best this season.
“Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!” ~Clement Clarke Moore