Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

What does Labor Day mean to you? A day celebrating the workers of our Nation, from the burger flippers at Micky D's to the CEOs of multi-billion dollar corporations? The last day of summer? A good reason to throw an outdoor barbeque?

For me, it means the beginning of my work season (September through mid-June). The kids go back to school tomorrow -- Woo hoo! -- and I can begin a new manuscript after taking the summer off. OK, so I read a lot, making a minor dent in my TBR pile. For writers, we can justifiably call it market research. *G* But come tomorrow, it's time for Lori-the-writer to plant her butt in the chair and get back to work. Or, in other words, start the labor.

2 comments:

  1. The end of summer is so sad. Our Labour Day is the first Monday in May.

    Good luck with the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Labor Day back at you! :) I'm hoping to have more time to write too now that school's starting.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja