Saturday, July 11, 2009

Frantic and Nervous


Hi all,

I'm going to keep this short because I'm in the midst of packing for the RWA National Conference which is being held in Washington D.C. next week. Due to my tendency to overpack, I'm glad to be driving. I don't have to worry about weight limits or too many bags or what's in my carry on.

I have two suitcases which are chock full of clothes. Did I say I tend to overpack? Yeah. This is not a picture of my actual luggage - this is just an approximation. My luggage is large and it has wheels - thank God. I also have a small carry bag with all the makeup, bandaids, shampoo, etc I might need for the trip. For the first time ever, I have a laptop and I'm bringing it along. I may just get some writing done while I'm gone. Or I may not, but at least I'll still have access to my email. Woot.

I'll have my phone along and have exchanged phone numbers with some of my online chapter mates from PI (Passionate Ink). Unfortunately, I've done very little research about DC as of yet. I know vaguely what I'd like to visit while I'm there, but otherwise I'm going in blind.

This is very unusual for me. I'm a librarian. I live for research. But just not this time. So if you have any suggestions for "must sees" in the Nation's Capitol, please post in the comments section.

If you can think of anything I should pack but might not have thought of...please post that in the comments section too.

The nice thing about driving is that if you forget something you can stop in a town along the way and pop into a store to get something. When flying - not so much. You know the sad thing is that I love to fly. But when I'm nickeled and dimed by the airlines for the privilege of sitting my butt in one of their seats, then it's ground travel for me. At least for now.

Packing and travel suggestions welcome! If you're attending the RWA National Conference, I'll see you in DC.


2 comments:

  1. Francesca,
    I hope your nerves calm and you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to have a great time! But you'll be exhausted :)

    ReplyDelete

 
ja