I’ve been going on and on about my spring flowers for at least a month. Long enough that you probably want me to stop talking and show you the flowers. So here they are:
1.These are Red Emperor Tulips. Of all the flowers I cut and give away, I get the most compliments about these. You can’t tell from the picture, but they’re the size of a dessert or salad plate.
2. Somehow this lily of the valley found its way to the front of my house. The rest of her kind are in the backyard, under towering trees, and are just now getting ready to bloom.
3. These purple tulips were planted by my son. I’ve no idea what their official name is, but I enjoy them nonetheless.
4. This is a double pink tulip. It’s my favorite tulip this year. I hope to get even more of these this fall.
5. This is a double white tulip. It’s nice with the hostas.
6. This is a common variety of lungwort or pulmonaria called Mrs. Moon. Its pink buds turn blue when they open.
7. Another … you guessed it … tulip.
8. What else but daffodils?
9. A wood anemone, I think. It’s lovely, but only blooms for a short time and doesn’t make any more of itself.
10. On the other hand, this flower multiplies incredibly well. I should do something about this dandelion, but I consider it pretty.
11. More tulips. I plant lots of tulips because I enjoy giving them away.
12. My pachysandra managed these blossoms this year.
13. Here’s the bleeding heart in the backyard. It was one of the plants I brought from my old house. For a couple of years I worried that it wouldn’t survive, but this year it’s thriving.
Do you garden? Do you like flowers? What’s your favorite?