Last Saturday, southern Wisconsin’s temperature was hovered around 60. That’s pretty good for this time of year in the north country.
I went for a long walk around my neighborhood. I took pictures of my daffodils and crocuses. I planned to blog about spring flowers, but Tuesday morning I was in for a surprise.
I awoke to … snow, big fluffy flakes falling outside my window.
Wow, what’s up with this weather?
The quirky April snow inspired me. I’ll blog today not about spring flowers, but about our fickle weather. Web surfing I found others who have felt compelled to comment on the weather.
Here are some of my favorite quotes:
1. The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it. -- Patrick Young
2. When all is said and done, the weather and love are the two elements about which one can never be sure. -- Alice Hoffman
3. Weather forecast for tonight: Dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning. –-George Carlin
4. Bad weather always looks worse through a window. -- Author Unknown
5. Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative. -- Oscar Wilde
6. The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco. -- Mark Twain
7. Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella. -- Pepper Giardino
8. Don’t knock the weather. If it didn’t change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn’t start a conversation. -- Kin Hubbard
9. Any proverbs about weather are doubly true during a storm. -- Ed Northstrum
10. April weather -- rain and sunshine both together. -- English saying
11. Money is the opposite of the weather. Nobody talks about it, but everybody does something about it. -- Rebecca Johnson
12. There is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. -- John Ruskin
13. Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. -- Anthony J. D’Angelo
What’s the weather like where you live? Is it still snowy? Sunny and warm? Commiserate with me or brag. I’ll enjoy hearing from you.
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants