Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nothing to rant about...

I've got nothing to rant or whine about. That's why I didn't post last weekend. Same problem. Life's been pretty good for me.

We had a couple of layoffs at my library - but I'm sad about that, not mad. I will miss seeing those co-workers on a regular basis and I'm sad that budget cuts are forcing the decision on my library director. However, I'm really grateful that I was not one of those people who lost their job because of this wretched economy. So, first good thing - I have my job and it pays pretty good. I'm not living the high life, but my bills are paid. I'm grateful.

My first royalty check from Ellora's Cave was delayed because of bank changes, but last week I received it. It was a beautiful thing and way more than I expected. As a result, I've been accepted into PAN (the published author network of Romance Writers of America). I'm grateful for the things this check has allowed me to do - pay bills, book promotion, etc.

This week I found out my book, Protect and Defend had been reviewed in the May issue of Romantic Times Magazine. It received a rating of 4 1/2 stars out of five. I'm thrilled and I'm grateful they liked my work.

My second royalty check should be on it's way from Ellora's Cave. It's not here yet, but it soon will be. I'm grateful for that.

My editor emailed me this weekend. She should have the edits for my second book to me by early next week. I'm ready to get started with the new book, so I'm grateful for her hard work in making this possible.

So as you can see, I have nothing to rant about. I could rant about having nothing to rant about but that might just be silly. I'm grateful and happy with my life right now, so this is the best I can do with my post. It doesn't exactly fit the theme, but at least I wrote something this time.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats on making PAN. May we all be there with you someday.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja