Monday, February 2, 2009

Lori’s Top Favorite Books of All Time

In no particular order...

1. Bewitching by Jill Barnett
The first humorous paranormal I ever read. It was the “ah ha!” moment for me. It defined what I loved to read and what I wanted to write.

2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Time travel romance at its best. Who doesn’t love Jamie Fraser?

3. Dance With the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Zarek is probably one of the most tortured heroes ever. No one deserved a HEA more than that poor man.

4. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Amazing time travel romance (but without a HEA) by a debut author. It still boggles my mind how she worked all the back and forth time traveling so that it still made sense.

5. Flowers From the Storm by Laura Kinsale
I wept as Christian Langland struggle with the after-affects of a stroke, a proud man who’s mind and body were at war with him.

6. Simple Jess by Pamela Morsi
Another hero struggling with a mental impairment. I never thought I could fall in love with a hero who was ‘simple’ in his thinking. Ms. Morsi proved me wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Dance with the Devil - it was one of those stories that made me cry. I was very glad Zarek got his HEA at the end.

    I also adored Bewitching when I first read it. It was a funny, sexy good read!

    ReplyDelete

 
ja