Monday, January 19, 2009

Tomato Pie

So this week the gals here at the diner are divulging their favorite pie recipes. I have to tell ya, I'm not a waitress on the staff for nothing. I can't cook worth beans. If it doesn't have 3 ingredients or less, I usually don't attempt it. But I do have a wonderful recipe I love to make when the garden is bursting with fresh tomatoes. Here goes...

Tomato Pie

1 pie shell, baked and cooled
1 cup Miracle Whip
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 ripe tomatoes, sliced thick
1 teaspoon basil (sweet)
1 tablespoon chopped chives
salt & pepper to taste

Fill pie shell with tomato slices. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil and chives. Mix mayo with cheese and spread over tomatoes. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Now let the age old debate begin: is this a fruit pie or a vegetable pie? Who cares?! It's to die for.

2 comments:

  1. Good Lord is THAT what's in a tomato pie? Definitely not my style but hey! Different strokes.

    ;)

    Talia

    ReplyDelete

 
ja