Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thirteen Plus Books with Pie in the Title









Drum Roll, please. In the spirit of National Pie Day I offer you a selection of pie-themed reads—Thirteen Plus Books with Pie in the Title.

1. How to Make a Cherry Pie and see the U.S.A, 1st ed. Priceman, Marjorie.

2. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Shaffer, Mary Ann.

3. Nobody Stole the Pie ,1st ed. Levitin, Sonia, 1934-

4. Key Lime Pie Murder : a Hannah Swensen Mystery with recipes - and Lemon Meringue Pie Murder, Fluke, Joanne, 1943-

5. The Apple Pie that Papa Baked, Thompson, Lauren.

6. All for Pie, Pie for All, Martin, David, 1944-

7. Miss American Pie : a diary of love, secrets, and growing up in the 1970s, 1st U.S. ed. Sartor, Margaret.

8. Humble Pie : musings on what lies beneath the crust, Dimock, Anne.

9. Drums, Girls, & Dangerous Pie, Sonnenblick, Jordan.

10. Cassie's Sweet Berry Pie : a Civil War Story, Winnick, Karen B.

11. Apple Pie : an American story, Edge, John T.

12. Death by Deep Dish Pie, Short, Sharon Gwyn.

13. Piggie Pie, Palatini, Margie

Piggie Pie is actually my favorite in this list because it combines a hungry, zany witch with many of my favorite fairy tales.

Do you know a book with pie in the title? Would you recommend it?







29 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm hungry (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is Pie Day! Yippee! I'm sure that the doctor would approve a diet cheat day on Pie Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Fun list. Love the cover for Piggie Pie. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any "pie" related books to recommend, but I am enjoying a BBC radio play based on "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" on my MP3 player back and forth to work right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun TT theme! I've never read a "Pie" book, unless you count "Life of Pi" LOL!

    (Ok, lame joke, nevermind. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost did a pie TT today, changed my mind at the last minute. My books with "Pie" in the title are all cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say I don't know of a book title with word pie in it. Though for some reason I'm hungry for pie now. LOL!!! Great list. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hm, the only one I ever heard about before is #2. Have you read it? Is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't think of other Pie-books, but I like your list! Thanks for visiting my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder how many of them actually have pie in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who knew there would be so many titles mentioning pie? I've only read one - the Joanne Fluke one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today's national PIE day!?! Wow. I think I need 4 or 5 pies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, actually National Pie Day is January 23rd, but we've been celebrating it these two weeks. What can I say? We like pie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmm pie! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! Combining two of my loves: books and pie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I may just have dessert for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We could swap a little parcel of weather. Perhaps some snow for a whole lot of degrees.

    Nice pie book list! I have not read any of those books. Happy TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know it's spelled differently, but the first thing I thought of was Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes, which is a book I loved as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going to have to look round my shelves now to see if I have any books with Pie in the title. But offhand I can't think of any.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had no idea it was National Pie Day! What a clever post. Thanks for stopping by my T13.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Who knew it was pie day? And ME! With no pie to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey..tis is an interesting list..did u managed to read all 13 books..?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have I read them all? I've read some of them and some are on my to-read pile and some like "Piggie Pie" I've read over and over and over. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well - how about "Life of Pi" - close enough, no?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need to find a copy of Piggie Pie now. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
ja