Thursday, January 15, 2009






The Numbers 1-13 and Me




They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I saw this on Grace’s blog Sandier Pastures. She used it for her Thursday Thirteen on 12/18/2008 and I thought I really must try this idea.

Here are numbers and their corresponding association with me:


1 - I have one camera, which I love to use. One husband, one car, one house and one mailbox.


2 – I have 2 sons that I think are wonderful. And 2 suitcases because I like to travel.


3 – The number of cats in my house.


4 – The number of cats my sons are trying to talk me into. Also it’s the years I’ve tried to grow the raspberry bushes that are finally producing berries.


5 – The number of years my teaching license is good for.


6 – We have six trees in our yard, but the birch outside my bedroom window is my favorite.


7 – The neighbors who have asked for raspberries should the bushes really take off and I need to give away berries.


8 - The letters in my first and middle name added together.


(These fawns were under my willow this summer.)

9 – The herd/ group of deer my husband and I saw in our backyard last week.

10 – My collection of seed/ flower catalogs and the number of books I should get back to the library.




11 – The number of rose bushes I have.



12. This is how many cousins my children have as well as the count of books I've stacked in my to-read pile.



13 –Ha! This is the number of my favorite blogs to write. I love Thursday Thirteens.

Do you enjoy Thursday Thirteens? Give a holler or leave a comment.






26 comments:

  1. What a great meme! I have a feeling I'll be flattering you and Grace shortly... of course, however, I cannot claim I will be as... um... earnest and resolute as you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool TT!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those roses are gorgeous! What a great idea for a list, too.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks DoubleDeckerBus Guy,
    You're welcome to borrow whatever you wish. I can always use flattery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cassandra!
    Those are my roses and I work hard on getting those little babies to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those deers are beautiful, they look like Bambi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace,
    Thanks finding them in my yard was really cool. I've been watching for them ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this concept. I may need to steal this stolenidea for my next TT. I love the TTs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent idea for a TT, both of you.

    :)

    And those deer are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary,
    Go ahead and steal away. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like so much fun. I usually do a food theme but I could change.

    You have trees? I'm so jealous.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very creative......
    I have three felines gracing my house as well. for us, three is more than enough

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea! I'll put it on my TT-ideas list! :)
    My TT has 13 mostly funny diet quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great idea for a 13 post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a fun read. I didn't realize you are a teacher!

    Those fawns are sweet and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with you, Mielikki, 3 cats is enough. Now I only have to convince my sons. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a 'kewl' idea for a T-13! Thanks for dropping by Sacred Ruminations. My T-13 is actually at Small Reflections today.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed this one - had not seen it before (how did I not see it when you first did I wonder?). I wish you had shared a picture of that birch tree - those are my favorite kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this idea for a list. I may have to borrow it sometime.

    Thanks for stopping by my page.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Bumbles,
    Yeah, I wanted to share a picture of my birch, but I realized I don't have one. Odd. I spend time gazing at it and have never thought to photograph it. I'll get some shots in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun idea for your TT, Brenda! I wonder how long it took you to think of all these.

    The deer are lovely. I saw three beautiful does walk down our street early on snowy Christmas morning. No one was out. They strolled carefully and silently, like they had all the time in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was so cute. I like how you were able to work so many important things into those 13 numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh that's so cool! I'm going to give it a try next Thursday :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
ja