Saturday, November 22, 2008

Release Date and Cover Art News!

I'm floating on clouds...
on pillows on clouds...
on feathers on pillows on clouds....

Why? Because I've received the cover art and release date for my book, Protect and Defend. My editor emailed me to tell me the book will be released by Ellora's Cave on January 7, 2009 and the cover department emailed me with a graphic of the cover art. The news and the graphic completely knocked me over.

I've kind of experienced this excitement before. It was a thrill when I saw the cover and received my author's copy of the anthology, Paranaughty, in the mail. To know that my short story, Alpha v Alpha was in print and I held it in my hands was awesome. But this one means even more, and I think I know why.

Because this book is ALL mine. My name is on the cover and my hero, Lieutenant Diarmid Redwolf is depicted there. Nothing beats the feeling of seeing a creation which is entirely yours readied for publication. Not only that, but I absolutely LOVE my cover. And let me say, Diar is seriously hot!

As soon as I saw the cover, I felt like singing and I've been grinning like a fool for the last couple of days. I even took the graphic to a local drugstore to have 4x6 prints made! I had an 8x10 made, but I put it into the frame right after I cleaned the glass and messed up the print, so I'll have to redo it. Even so, my heart is ready to hang the image on the wall where I can see it daily. For inspiration, you know. It's not just the hot guy...oh, no. ;-)

This cover is perfect because it fits the story. After all Diar takes his clothes off several times and he has his badge and gun on as he gets started. Like my heroine, Mikaela, I really like the way Diarmid looks as he removes his...gun and badge. Hey, what did you think I was going to say?

Receiving my release date and the cover art makes everything real. I know my book will become available and readers can download it to enjoy. That makes everything worthwhile for me. I'm thrilled that my readers will have the opportunity to fall in love with my shapeshifting crime scene investigator the way I did. And you know what, I'm even willing to share. The one problem is, I don't think Mikaela will. Oh well, that's what happy endings are all about! The heroine gets her hero and they live happily ever after...with hot sex.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great looking cover! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it before and I'll say it again...Hubba hubba, baby! He can frisk me any time. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I totally love my cover. He looks a little like Simon Baker from The Mentalist. Totally hot--from his blue eyes to his big...gun. ;-)

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting to have a release date! We'll have to plan a party here at the Diner to celebrate!

    Jody W.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja