Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thirteen Faces from Tamil Nadu


I was only in Tamil Nadu for a month. A short time, but long enough to fall in love with her people. I wanted to stay. I wanted to bring them all home with me and in a sense, I did.



There are 13 of the faces of those who stole my heart.









One,




Two ,
Three,



Four and Five,

Six,


Seven,


Eight, Nine, Ten and Eleven,


Twelve,



Thirteen


I’ve almost been back as long as I was gone, but I’m still thinking about the children I taught and hoping to hear from them. How about you? Do you think about places you’ve been? People you’ve meet? Share if you’d like and thanks for visiting.



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone
who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow
Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your
Thirteen in others comments. It's easy and fun! Trackbacks, pings,
comment links accepted!




src="http://www.blenza.com/linkies/autolink.php?owner=meanwallace&
postid=10Sept2008&meme=tt" type="text/javascript">

20 comments:

  1. All those smiling faces... I'll bet it was hard to leave them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet pictures!! It would be easy to remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those children are beautiful. Was your visit a working visit? How did you think of going there?

    Thanks for visiting my T13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy and healthy, what a great looking bunch of kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work for a company in Dubai and most of the people are from Tamil Nadu. They are really warm people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...children are beautiful everywhere, but children of a different world are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandier Pastures,
    I thought you were a traveler. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I see pictures like these, I'm reminded again and again that no matter how different we are, we're still essentially the same.

    I can see why you think of them and the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do think of people I've met over the years. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww...and they all are a beautiful children. I bet you stole their heart too :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog and comment. And I definitately well let you know what was/is my favorite, once I reach the 50 book *grin*. I hope you have a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I bet you have stories to tell about 8, 9, 10 and 11! Mischief and energy just jumps out of their picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Gal herself,
    Yes, you guess right. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I particularly like 8-11. They look like they were having all kinds of fun. No wonder you miss this lot.

    :)

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Little wonder they stole your heart! Absolute heart-breakers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooooh hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs to these beautiful new friends of yours :-)

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos! Thanks for stopping by. I'm just now getting to visit people because we're preparing for a hurricane... yet the computer is still connected! For now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your heart is in good hands with such lovely children !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful children, with such a beautiful light in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures, so beautiful. Thanks for checking out my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful pictures. The children must have loved you very much. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja