Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Going both ways....no I don't mean THAT

We've talked about the many types of heroes over the last week. But what if one hero type merges with another?

Take for example, a hero who is shy with woman and doesn't know how to argue if he tried. Here's an example of when a hero jumps from one type to another. This has been edited to a PG rating :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You’re so cute.” Colleen pinched Jake's cheek before running her hand over his head. “I’m going to get us something to drink.”

He stared at the video game they'd been playing and frowned. “Wait a minute. Did she just pinch my cheek and muss my hair?”

“Jake?” she called from the kitchen, “I’m out of iced tea. Would you like chocolate milk and cookies?”

He jumped to his feet and his jaw dropped. “Oh, that’s it!”

Slamming the controller onto the bed, he stomped out of the family room and into the kitchen.

Colleen studied him as he approached. “I asked if you--”

He grabbed her arm and pulled her to him. “Jake,” was as far as she got before his lips came down on hers.

“So,” he said when he came up for air. “You think I’m a kid, do you?”

Colleen didn’t get a chance to answer as he leaned her against the counter and moved his body between her thighs. Shock waves of sexual desire spread throughout her like a lit fuse.

“Does that feel like a kid to you?”

“Oh, God,” she cried out as he swept her into his arms. “What the hell are you doing?”

Jake marched from the kitchen to her bedroom. “I’m going to show you once and for all I’m not a kid!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To me there's nothing yummier than a beta hero who comes to the rescue or an alpha who kneels down to his beloved. I like to mix and match. It's keeps the reader on her toes.

~Maggie

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what book is this?

    ReplyDelete

 
ja