Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thirteen Favorite Super Heroes and Heroines

You know how sometimes when you’re talking and a topic comes up, you can’t wait to put in your two cents. That’s how I feel about Comic Books and Anime. I’m an avid fan. Now I have a chance to share my favorites with you.







Thirteen Favorite Super Heroes and Heroines



1. The Green Lantern. Anyone can become an intergalactic officer in the Green Lantern Corps. I like that. You’re there after you get a ring, which seems to be only limited by the wearer’s imagination.

2. Batman. The cheesy 1960’s Batman played by Adam West, where the fight scenes are punctuated by such words as: “Bam!” “Pow!” and “Wham!” I enjoy Batman because of the adventures my younger brother and I made up years ago based on the series.

3. Batman from “Batman Begins.” I like Alfred and Bruce’s relationship and the clear development of Bruce’s motivation in becoming Batman. And I love this new Batman’s command of fighting skills.

4. Mystique, a.k.a. Raven Darkholme. I like her shape-changing abilities, her competence and her secrets.

5. Magneto. Actually, he’s a villain, but way back in his history he was a friend of Charles Xavier and for a while worked for good. Magneto has the power of magnetism.

6. Mr. Incredible. He’s a middle-aged superhero with an expanding waistline, a family, a job and all the problems of mundane, ordinary life.

7. Elastigirl. This take-charge, spunky heroine is married to Mr. Incredible. She makes stretching look fun rather than gross.

8. Psylock, a.k.a. Elizabeth Braddock, has telepathic and telekinetic powers. After several dimension hops and body alternations/wraps, she has become a wicked opponent with her psychic knife.

9. Storm. She’s strong, insightful and her weather-control power is cool. I love her abilities, but I often wonder what changing the weather would do to the global environment.

10. Forge, a.k.a. Jonathon Silvercloud. He creates whatever he imagines.

11. White Queen, a.k.a. Emma Frost. She’s a telepath, who isn’t reluctant to use her powers.

12. Charles Xavier, a.k.a. Professor X. No list would be complete without the noble leader/ mentor of the X-Men. His mental abilities seem boundless.

13. Rogue, a.k.a. Anna Marie. She’s a southern beauty who drains others of their abilities through skin contact. She has permanently absorbed flight and super strength. If she can only figure out how to control her vampiric power, she might have a dating relationship.

Now it’s your turn to pipe in. Who are your favorite super heroes? And why do you like them?

Brenda


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




11 comments:

  1. I am testing the autolinkies, but I'll think of a Thursday 13, too!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the original Wonder woman with her Steve Trevor husband and daughter. She was spunky, strong and still feminine. A real princess.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone already said Wonder Woman, so I'll chime in with Spidey and Morpheus.

    http://journeywoman.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this post is overly interested!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Underdog. He's my man!

    Great post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wolverine, Rogue, and Gambit are my faves.

    I would argue that The Doctor is also a superhero, albeit a reluctant one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a huge comic fan, but I recognize and like most on your list! :) Especially the ones from X-Men.

    My Thursday Thirteen is up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I'm diggin Christian Bale as Batman and can't wait for Dark Knight. I love me some X-men so Rogue and Gambit it is for me. Awesome post we are totally geeking out at work over it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to third the Gambit votes, and of course Rogue, but only the comic/cartoon Rogue, not the movie Rogue. She was okay, but not fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Storm~!
    She is always my favorite~!

    ReplyDelete

 
ja