Sunday, December 30, 2007

A new year is upon us ...

Tomorrow, you may be preparing food for a party or some gathering to celebrate the ending of 2007 and the beginning of 2008. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do for a New Year celebration, but the one thing I do know about 2008 is, I'm not going to make new resolutions this year.

Do you want to know why?

I've never, ever kept any of my New Year resolutions, at least not for as long as I remember. Of course, often I think of things like world peace or doing something else generic and quite possibly impossible. This year is going to be different.

I'm not going to make a resolution this year - I'm just going to do what I need to, want to, promised myself to do, instead of just saying I'm going to do it. A resolution won't make things any different - I will make things different.

I hope you can still do your resolutions, if that works for you :) Make a resolution - and make it work for you. You can do whatever you want to in 2008, and if that means finishing that project - or starting one, finding an agent or an editor or even just a friend who believes in you, then step out there and do it. We have faith in you and in each other, and that's the bottom line. We're here for each other - and with that help, we can make 2008 the best year ever.

Happy New Year!
Jeannie

3 comments:

  1. Same to you, Jeannie!

    I think I would like to find some balance in the coming year. With balance comes good health.

    2007 was a toughie. I'm ready for 2008.

    ;)

    talia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Jeannie! I'm with Talia...I'd like to find better balance in '08 as well. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have resolved to write down every book I read and every movie I watch in a nice, detailed list. It's been a resolution for 2 years and I Loooooooove keeping it!

    Jody W.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja