Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moon Child

I have always desired to live in an enchanted world. This passion began with fairy princesses and The Wizard of Oz. I wanted to live over the rainbow, fly to the moon, and even swing on a star. Once I read The Chronicles of Narnia and The Lord of the Rings, it became a lifetime obesession.

It was destiny, of course. I was born under a full moon, a true child of the night. My moods and creativity wax and wane with the supernatural rhythms of the moon, shifting constantly with the tides. My words flow like glittering moonbeams in the ripples of a lake, or lie hidden behind dark clouds. Sometimes my muse gets shrouded in storms of indecision.

I am at my best when the moon reaches its zenith. That is when my mind is most alive, and there is magic in the air. If I were a witch I would put on my robes, grab my cats and dance beneath the mystic moonlight. Unfortunately my neighbors and family might not find this form of expression completely sane.

So I gather my cats, turn on my laptop and let the magic find its power in my writing. In my mind I float through the sky, anchored to the cradle of the moon by gossamer threads of starlight. Here my muse guides me to places of bright imagination. Dark mysteries mingle with comic adventures, in lands where no man or woman has gone before.

Destiny made me a child of the moon, and my heart has kept me basking in its soft caress as I write on, and on, and on. May moonlight guide your footsteps to your own magic places, or join me and my staff-mates in ours.

Shine On,
Debralee Daniels

4 comments:

  1. What an enchanting and lyrical tribute to the moon, fantasy and creativity. I’d say your writing shines. Thanks. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the moon, too. Though I'm not a moon child (astrologically speaking). ;)

    Lovely entry and LOVE the pic.

    talia

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully phrased, Debralee. The words are every bit as stunning as the picture. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Sandy :-)
    Sandra Barkevich - Romance Author
    *August 25, 2007 at Sandra's Goings On - Guest Blogger, Betty Hanawa ~ More Than She Wished For

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a moon child astrologically speaking :). I do write better at night!

    Jody W.

    ReplyDelete

 
ja